Pattern of Assistance Available Under the Scheme :
The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows:
• Full salary of the awardee with admissible allowances will be reimbursed to the
institution where the awardee is undertaking research except the CPF/GPF
contribution, as the same is to be borne by the parent institution.
• Research grant to meet expenditure on books and journals, chemicals and
equipment for the entire period is as under: (i) Humanities and Social Sciences:
Rs.2.00 lakh (ii) Sciences/Natural Sciences/Engineering and Technology: Rs.3.00
• The awardee, being on duty leave, will continue to earn normal increment and
maintain his/her seniority in the parent university/institution.
• He/she will be entitled to holidays and all other privileges as per his/her
entitlement in the university/institute, including facilities of staff quarters/medical
assistance, etc. during the period of the award.
• Expenditure towards travel within the country in connection with research work
has to be met out of the research grant only. No additional funds will be provided
for this purpose.
• Foreign visit in connection with the approved research work of the awardee will
be limited to once in a year with the prior approval/no-objection of the
Institution/University where the project work is being undertaken along with that
of UGC.This will be further subject to no financial liability on the part of UGC.
• The expenditure towards engagement of any project assistant duly selected by the
Selection Committee constituted by the concerned University/College/Institute
will have to be met out of research grant for a maximum amount of Rs.5000/-
p.m. (consolidated) during the tenure of the award only. The tenure of the project
assistant will be co-terminus with the Research Award.
• The Commission will not provide any grant towards the salary of the substitute, if
appointed, in place of the awardee.